Invisalign for Kids and Teenagers
- Perfect for the unique needs of teenage patients
- Invisalign aligners are removable and nearly invisible, which means teenagers can carry on enjoying life without restrictions or feeling self-conscious
- The aligners are made with the same Invisalign technology, moving teeth gradually without the restrictions of fixed braces
- Special features designed to compensate for the eruption of canines, second premolars and second molars
What ‘s different about Invisalign for Kids and Teens?
Invisalign for kids and teenagers has been developed with teenagers, parents and leading orthodontists who understand the active lifestyles and unique treatment needs of teenagers.
It works the same as Invisalign for adults using transparent custom-moulded aligners to move teeth. However, it has been specifically designed for young people to include special features for example:
- Blue wear-indicators to help the orthodontist and the patient gauge the amount of time the aligners are being worn. As the aligners are worn, the small blue dots will fade, thus if the blue mark is still visible at the next appointment it means they are not being worn sufficiently.
- Tooth eruption compensators for the eruption of canines, second premolars and second molars.
Why is Invisalign a good option for Kids and Teens?
- Now teens don’t have to be self-conscious when they’re out socially, taking photos, posting pictures online, or participating in any of the other activities they love. That’s because the aligners are almost invisible.
- Even better, Invisalign for kids and teenagers starts working with the first set of aligners. So as time goes by, you can watch their teeth gradually get straighter and healthier!
- Aligners are also removable, so teenagers can continue brushing and flossing normally, making it easier to keep up with oral hygiene during treatment.
What is the Invisalign process for Kids and Teens?
Invisalign has several treatment options available for teenagers, depending on the stage of teeth development.
- Some teenagers will be suitable for the same Invisalign treatment as adult patients.
- Younger teenagers, or those who haven’t got all of their adult teeth erupted, can be treated with Invisalign for kids and teenagers.
You orthodontist will be able to tell you which treatment best suits your individual needs and the condition of your teeth.